Karnataka PGCET 2020 will be conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test is a state level entrance test held every year. This entrance exam is organized for those aspirants who are seeking admission for full time/part time courses of MBA/ MCA/ ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch and for second year lateral entry to MCA course in various institutions and affiliated universities located in the state of Karnataka.
PRASAD’S ACADEMY provides highly technical regular classroom coaching program in Bangalore. PRASAD’S ACADEMY provides guidance as per the new pattern with regular and weekend classes with highly experienced faculties who helps students to solve problems in effective way. PRASAD’S ACADEMY offering classroom training for PGCET 2020 and 2021. PGCET entrance exam classroom preparation includes effective handouts covering complete portions from the syllabus. Solving previous year question papers
Full-length and section test in a paper based format. Assignments will be given to keep the students busy with subject. Special classes for clearing doubts with individual attentions.
Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through offline mode. Candidates need to mark their answer on OMR sheet with the help of pen.
Total Marks: The test will be of total 100 marks for each course.
Type of Question: All questions in the test will be of multiple-choice, One question will carry four choices.
Language of the Exam: The paper will be in English Language.
Duration of Exam: The exam time duration will be of 2 hours & 30 minutes.
Marking: There will be no negative marking the examination for wrong answers.
|Courses||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch||75||100|
After the commencement of Karnataka PGCET MBA 2020, the result will be declared. A minimum marks barrier is set by the conducting body which can be called as Karnataka PGCET MBA cutoff candidates who have cleared this cutoff will be listed in the merit and will be assigned different ranks according to the marks they have secured in the examination.
Display of Seat Matrix: A total list of all the colleges participating in Karnataka PGCET MBA 2020 along with number of seats available will be displayed by the conducting body on the official website.
Invitation to counselling: Candidates who had made their way to the merit list will be called for the counselling process. Candidates who are invited for the counselling will have to register for the counselling process.
Counselling Day: Candidates have to reach the particular counselling centre allotted to them to attend the counselling. Students are advised to bring all the necessary documents on counselling day. List of all the necessary documents is listed in the further sections of this article.
Procedure of Karnataka PGCET MBA 2020 Counselling:
Various steps that will occur in a chronological order in Karnataka PGCET MBA counselling 2020 are listed below.
• Document Verification
• Option Entry
• Seat Allotment
Registration: After the declaration of the Karnataka PGCET MBA 2020 result, qualified candidates will be assigned different ranks. Qualified candidates who want to attend the counselling have to report at the counselling centre according to the schedule mentioned on the official website of KEA. There are 15 PGCET counselling/helpline centers according to which the candidates have to report and register their PGCET number at the centre. At the helpline center candidates will be familiarized with the counselling process and various important rounds like option entry and other rounds.
Documents Verification: Candidates have to report at the helpline center and have to all their previous documents related to their academics and get them verified in order to become eligible for the option entry process. Before coming to any helpline center, candidates have to confirm their ranks, date and time for the documents verification process. Documents to be verified will be according to the details mentioned by the candidates in the application form. Once documents are verified, candidates will be returned to the original documents with one set of photocopies taken by them. An acknowledgment card and a verification slip will be issued to the candidates.
• Academic Record: Class 10th and 12th Marksheets
• Qualifying Examination Marksheet
• Income certificate of the candidates family
• Category certificate of the candidate (if any)
• Karnataka PGCET Admit Card
• PGCET MBA 2020 Scorecard
• Any other relevant documents
The verification schedule will be hosted on the conducted body website
Secret Key After the candidates documents have been verified, they will be assigned a secret key. The secret key is for the registration for the candidates at the online option entry portal. Candidates are advised to maintain secrecy for this key and not to reveal the secret key details to anyone.
Option Entry: Candidates have to choose course/college of his choice from the seats available which will be displayed at the time of the option entry course. Candidates can choose the option according to college wise, course wise, seats wise, discipline wise. There is no limit for the option entry course. Candidates are advised to choose more and more option according to their ranks and number of seats available in order to avoid any disappointment. Also mentioned by the conducting body, we also advise the candidates to write the order or option of the colleges in which they would like to take admission on the paper first and discuss them with their parents or mentor before entering them in the system. Candidates can enter any number of colleges during the option entry.
Seats Allotment: Seat Allotment will be done for the candidates according to the choice filled by them during counselling. Candidates are allotted seats in any colleges according to the choice filled by them and ranks obtained by them in the examination. For any candidate allotment process will not proceed until the candidates have completely searched for the availability for the seats. Candidates can change their choices as many times as they can until the last date of the option entry.
Candidates record in the option entry will be recorded by the server after the last day and time notified for the option entry. After that there will get frozen and no changes can be made by the candidates. Candidates are advised to take a print out of choices option entry on the last day of the option entry.
Important Instructions for the candidates participating in Karnataka PGCET MBA counselling 2020:
• Candidates are advised to take all the necessary documents with at the documents verification centre. Along with original documents candidates should take at least one set of xerox copies of all the documents which will get submitted to the conducting KEA.
• Candidates after getting qualified for the counselling process should get a look at all the colleges participating in Karnataka PGCET MBA 2020 counselling.
• Before appearing for the counselling candidates should consult first about the colleges they want to choose and wish to take admission according to their ranks they secured in Karnataka PGCET MBA 2020.
• The secret key which the candidates get after getting their documents verified should not be shared with anyone.
• Candidates can choose any number of colleges during option entry process.
• Candidates can change the choice of colleges as many times as they can before the last date of the option entry.
Online Registration Starts: 3rd week of May 2020
Online Registration Close : 1st week of June 2020
Hall Ticket : 4th week of June 2020
Exam Date : 1st week of July 2020
Releasing of Answer key : 2nd week of July 2020
Declaration of Result : 3rd week of August 2020
Counselling Start : 1st week of September 2020
General Candidates have to pay Rs. 650 and reserved candidates have to pay Rs.500 as application fee.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay their fee only through offline mode via Challan at any State Bank of Mysore Branch. Also, the fee can be paid through e-payment at any post office.
Nationality : Candidate must be a citizen of India.
Domicile : Candidates belonging to Karnataka state must have domicile of Karnataka.
For MBA Course:
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must hold Bachelor’s degree with minimum three year of duration in any discipline.
- Marks Required: Candidate must have scored 50% minimum aggregate marks in graduation degree and 45% marks for reserved category candidates.
For MCA Course:
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have passed UG degree with Mathematics/Statistics/Computer.
- Marks Required: Candidate must have secured 50% marks in graduation if he doesn’t belong to reserved category and for reserved category 45% marks are required.
- Subjects: Student must have passed graduation degree with Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Programming, Computer Application, Business Mathematics and Business Statistics as one of the subjects in graduation level.
For M. Tech/ ME /M. Arch Course:
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have passed B. Tech/ M. Sc or equivalent degree to be eligible.
- Marks Required: Candidate must have secured minimum of 50% marks (45% for ST/SC/OBC category of Karnataka state).
- GATE Candidates: Candidates must have a valid GATE score card.
- The Application Form for Karnataka PGCET 2020 will be released in the third week of May 2020.
- Candidates need to online register themselves by entering their name, course for which they are applying, date of birth and other required information.
- After registering, students have to fill various details, upload the required documents and make fee payment.
- Candidates must keep ready the scanned images of photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- Before paying the fee, students have to verify complete details and then submit the form. No correction will be allowed after final submission of the form.
- Students must fill details in the application form carefully. The authority may or may not provide any correction facility.
- Last date to fill the application form is till first week of June 2020.
- andidates must take print out of the form for further use. Candidates are advised to keep the application form safely as it will be needed during the counselling and admission process.
Karnataka PGCET exam: Tentatively on third week of July, 2020
Release of mock allotment cut off for first round: Tentatively on first week of September,2020
First allotment cut off : Tentatively on first week of September, 2020
Karnataka PGCET cut off 2020 for second round: Third week of September, 2020
Factors affecting Karnataka PGCET Cut off 2020:
The cut off of Karnataka PGCET is determined based on the following factors –
• Number of test takers
• Difficulty level of exam
• Seats available
• Number of candidates qualifying the exam
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Cut off – Important Points:
• The cut off is released college wise, course wise and category wise
• The different for different college, category and course
• Karnataka PGCET cut off is basically the last rank based on which admission is offered for a particular college
• The cut off ranks vary every year
For ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch:
The Syllabus for this course will vary as per the branches chosen by the candidates. 60 questions will be from technical syllabus and remaining will be from Arithmetic and Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English.
The Syllabus of MBA will consist of questions from English grammar, vocabulary and literature section. There will also be question from General Knowledge, Reasoning and General Intelligence and Quantitative analysis.
The MCA syllabus will consist of questions from General Awareness, General English, Analytical ability and Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and Mathematics.