State Bank of India is one of the leading banks in India with the glorious history of over 200 years. Being part of the bank is nothing less than an achievement. And working as a specialist officer is like the cherry on a cake. The SBI SO are those whose work is focused on the particular area. So, if you are not good in the calculation and unable to qualify for SBI PO, Clerk or IBPS examination does not make you an ineligible candidate for banking. You still have the chance to work with State Bank Of India by becoming the specialist officer. You can become the specialist officer for fields like Law, marketing, engineering, customer relationship, service etc. The posts offered through SBI SO Exam are that of a Analytics Translator, Sector Credit Specialists, Portfolio Management Specialists, Sector Risk Specialists.
- For Deputy Manager (Law) : The gross salary of Chief Manager selected through SBI SO 2019 Exam including HRA, PF, DA, CCA etc. amounts to Rs. 15.10 Lac.
- For Deputy General Manager (Law, Contractual) : The gross salary of Chief Manager selected through SBI SO 2019 Exam including HRA, PF, DA, CCA etc. amounts to Rs. 47.00 Lac.
- For Deputy General Manager (Law, Regular) : The gross salary of Chief Manager selected through SBI SO 2019 Exam including HRA, PF, DA, CCA etc. amounts to Rs. 40.20 Lac.
- Special Management Executive : The gross salary of Chief Manager selected through SBI SO 2019 Exam including HRA, PF, DA, CCA etc. amounts to Rs. 18.00 Lac.
|Last Date of Online Registration form:||22 nd July 2019|
|SBI SO 2019 Last Date for editing application forms:||12th Aug 2019|
|Payment for Online Fee Last Date:||–|
|Download Admit Card||–|
|Online Test Date:||–|
|Result Declaration Date:||–|
Candidates should check SBI SO 2019 eligibility prior to filling the application form. It is recommended that only those contestants who fulfil SBI SO Eligibility Criteria should apply for the SBI SO exam. The aspirants should satisfy the criteria in age, nationality and all other categories.
- The least possible age of an applicant is in between 21 to 30 years depending upon the Post.
- The maximum age of an applicant can be in between 30-40 years.
- Only Citizens of India are eligible to apply for SBI SO 2019.
- OCI and NRIs cannot apply for the exam.
Educational Qualification : The educational criteria and experience varies depending upon the post applied for. The criteria for different posts are given below:
- For Developer, Test Lead and Tester post:
– The candidates should be graduated in engineering from a government recognized university/institute.
– An Applicant should have some experience in IT sector.
- For Assistant Manager (System) post:
– Applicants must own a B.E/B. Tech in Information Technology/Computer Science/Computer Application/ Electronics/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electronics & Instrumentation / Electronics & Communications.
– Applicant should have some experience in computer programming from a reputed organization.
- For Technology Relationship Manager (Tech.RMs) post:
– Candidate should be a graduate in Engineering from any recognized University /Institution.
– Preference is given to the contenders with MBA qualification.
– Minimum 8 years of experience in IT Industry/ Business is needed for this post.
- For Manager and Assistant Manager (Technician) post:
– One needs to have a full time PG Degree in Econometrics/ Statistics/ Applied Statistics.
– Minimum experience of 4/1 years is required for this job position.
Students after checking the eligibility criteria SBI SO 2019 can fill the application form online. The official website for filling the form is SBI’s official website or the IBPS website. The link is https://www.sbi.co.in/careers/recruitment-result.html
Steps for filling SBI SO Application form is given below:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on ‘Careers’ on the homepage. Choose ‘Join SBI’ from the drop-down menu.
- Look for the link to apply for SBI SO exam 2019 and click on it.
- Click on the link which reads as ‘click here for new registration’.
- Enter your basic details such as Name, contact and date of birth.
- A registration ID and password is generated.
- Obtain the ID and password from your Email and Log in again.
- Fill all the compulsory details in the SBI SO Application Form as name, guardian’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID etc.
- Upload your scanned images of photo and signature on the application form.
- Carefully check all the information. Now, click on the ‘Submit’ button given below.
- After submitting the online application form, pay the fees.
- After successful application submission, the form preview can be seen.
- Candidates are advised to take the printout of SBI SO 2019 Application Form for further reference.
- To complete the submission of SBI SO 2019 Application Form, applicants have to pay the mandatory application fees through the payment gateway integrated with the form.
- Candidates can make the fee payment using Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking. Transaction charge is borne by the candidate.
- After finishing the operation, candidate’s application form is submitted.
- Entrants have to register again in case their registration fails to be submitted online.
- There is a fee of INR 600 for General and OB candidates and others have to pay INR 100.
Category Application Fee General INR 600 OBC NCL INR 600 SC INR100 ST INR 100 PwD INR 100
Candidates are instructed to download their respective admit card from the official website of the bank. They have to enter the Registration number and password to get the admit card. The authority won’t send any call letters to candidates through post or any other physical mode. SBI SO Admit Card is available to be downloaded 10 days before the exam.
Steps to download SBI SO 2019 admit card:
- Go to the official bank website.
- Click on the Career link.
- Enter your Registration number and Password.
- Your Admit card will be generated and displayed on the screen.
- Save it on your system.
- Take its print out on a A4 size sheet. Multiple copies can be saved for future refer
SBI SO is a national level examination conducted all over the country. Many cities are designated exam centres.
- SBI has the right to add or delete any centre.
- SBI has the right to allot the applicant to any centre, even other than the one he or she has opted for.
- While filling up the Application Form, candidates will have to choose the exam cities as per their likings
SBI SO is conducted every year for SO posts in SBI. It is conducted only in online mode. There are multiple choice questions in the exam. No special type of questions is there.
- A total of 170 problems make up the paper.
- Four sections constitute SBI SO exam paper.
- They are- Test of Reasoning, English language, Professional Knowledge and Quantitative Aptitude.
- There are 50 questions each in Reasoning and Professional Knowledge.
- 35 Questions are asked each in English Language and Quantitative Aptitude.
- English is the language of SBI SO 2019 Paper.
Mode of the exam Computer based (online) exam Number of Papers 1 Number of Sections 4 (3 for Deputy Manager Post) Type of Questions Multiple Choice Questions (objective type) Number of Questions 170 Duration of the exam 135 Minutes
Paper pattern for Deputy Manager Post:
- There are three sections in the paper- Test of Reasoning, English language and Professional Knowledge.
- 70 questions are asked from Reasoning and 50 questions are asked from English and Professional Knowledge each.
- Maximum marks are the same that is 220.
Subjects No of questions Marks Time Test of Reasoning 50 50 90 mins Quantitative Aptitude 35 35 English Language 35 35 Professional Language 50 100 45 mins Post Number of Sections Number of questions Time Deputy Manager 3 170 135 minutes Others 4 170 135 minutes
- English Language :
Aspirants are asked questions in this section which are of secondary level. Applicants are expected to have basic knowledge of English Language so that they can finish all office tasks with ease and efficiency. Weightage of English 20%. The important topics covered under this are- Synonyms and Antonyms, spotting errors, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Misspelled words, Grammar, one word substitution, Para-jumbles, Preposition, Active-Passive, Direct-Indirect Narration, Sentence Correction, Fill in the blanks, Usage of words etc.
- Reasoning Ability :
Recruiters want to evaluate candidate’s thinking skill with this section of ‘Reasoning and Mental ability’. Contestants should be able to use their heads in a specific state besides applying established methods. 30% weightage is given to this part of the paper. Topics included in this section are- Series, Sitting/Seating Arrangements, Mirror Images, Syllogism, Puzzle problems, Statements and Conclusions and questions on cause and effect can also be asked in this segment of SBI SO Exam.
- Quantitative Aptitude :
It is expected from the candidates to be skilled in general mathematics so they can perform everyday banking calculations with speed and accurateness. 20% weightage is given to this section. Topics included in this section are- Number-System, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Partnership, Time and Distance, Geometry, Unitary Method, Time and Work, Age Problems, Profit and Loss Questions, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency, Ratio And Proportion, Permutation And Combination, Probability, Allegation, LCM, HCF etc.
- Professional Knowledge :
Questions in this section contain the topics which are actually of great importance for daily banking needs and all the applicants need to prepare separately for this topic. Weightage is around 30%. Topics of professional knowledge are such as, Basics of Accountancy, Direct and Indirect Taxes, Principles and Standards Accounting, Computer Architecture, Basics of Auditing, Accounts Management, Cost-Accounting, Basic Terminology of Information Technology, Knowledge of Operating systems, Network and its types, DBMS/ RDBMS, Mobile Technologies and, Computer Languages, Cyber Security and Threats, Input and Output Devices, Fundamentals of Microprocessor.
- SBI Group Assistant Manager (Systems) Specialist Cadre Officers: 11 Practice Sets Including Previous Year Paper, Publication: GKP
- Professional Knowledge for IBPS/ SBI Specialist IT Officer Exam 2nd Edition, Publication: Disha Experts
- SBI Specialist Officer Exam (E), Publication: Arihant
SBI SO 2019 Result will be released one month after the commencement of the exam. For 2019, it will be released in the month of February. Candidates can check their result online on the official website. There is no scorecard for candidates. Selection status is shown. A merit list is made for shortlisting candidates for Interview.
Steps to check SBI SO result 2019:
- Go to the official website link.
- Enter your Registration ID and password
- After logging in, you status will be shown on the screen.
- Look for your Registration Number in the selected candidates list.
- Check the result and download the file safely.
- A merit list is prepared on the basis of candidates’ scores.
- In case of same marks, candidates are ranked in order of their age in descending order.
- There are minimum qualifying marks for the online examination.
- Students scoring above the cut off marks are shortlisted for the Interview.
- Minimum qualifying marks in the interview are decided by the Bank.
There are cut off marks for the online SBI SO exam. Qualifying candidates are asked to come for the interview. Interview cut off marks are decide by the Bank itself. A merit list of the candidates is also prepared.
Previous Year subject wise cut off:
|Category||Professional Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English||Reasoning|
There are numerous determining factors that decide the SBI SO cut off. Some of the key issues affecting cut off calculation is:
- Number of Vacancies for the post
- Number of Students appearing the exam
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Maximum Marks scored
- Exam Pattern
Candidates after taking the online test are called for an interview. Candidates are selected for the posts after SBI SO Interview. Satisfactory number of candidates, as decided by State Bank of India, is shortlisted based on their qualification and knowledge. The qualifying marks for the Personal Interview are decided by SBI only.
After the process, selected candidates have to produce some documents at the time of document verification.
The documents one needs to submit for the verification purpose along with SBI SO 2019 Application Form are:
- Copy of one id proof
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Educational Certificates like Mark-Sheets or Degree Certificate
- Experience certificates
- Brief resume of the candidate
- E-Receipt for SBI SO 2019 fee payment
- Copy of a valid OBC/SC/ST certificate (if applicable)