SSC CPO Recruitment 2019-20 Notification: Apply Online for 1564 SI, ASI in CISF, CAPF & Other Posts: 1330 Tentative Vacancies in new Job Notification advertised by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). However, vacancies available are for Group B and Group C posts available in SSC Central Police Organization, Delhi Police, CISF Recruitment and CAPF. Besides, Candidates fulfilling all the below specified eligibility criteria must read this entire article in order to know additional details.
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police
- Sub-Inspector in Border Security Force (BSF)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Sub-Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBPF)
- Sub-Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
|SSC CPO Posts||Job Description|
|SI in Delhi Police||Maintenance of law and order.|
|SI in BSF||Protection of the border between India & Pakistan.|
|SI in CISF||Provide security to various PSU’s and other important infrastructures.|
|SI in CRPF||Anti-riot & anti – Naxal force.|
|SI in ITBPF||Protection of the border bet. India & China (Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh)|
|SI in SSB||Protection of Indo – Nepal & Indo – Bhutan borders.|
|Name of Post||Sub-Inspector (Male/ Female), Sub-Inspector (GD), ASI (Executive)|
|SI Male||Nearby 600 Posts|
|SI Female||Nearby 250 Posts|
|ASI (Executive)||1200 Posts|
|SI Male & Female Pay Scale||Rs.35400-112400/- Per Month|
|Male Physical Standard||Height – 170 CM & Chest – 80 to 85 Cm|
|Male Candidates Hill Areas||Height – 165 Cm & Chest – 80 to 85 Cm|
|Female Physical Standard||Height – 157 CM|
|Female Candidates belonging Hill Areas||Height – 155 CM|
As per the SSC CPO Notification, the SSC CPO salary for various posts is as follows:
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in (Central Armed Police Forces): Rs 35400-112400/-
- Sub Inspector (Executive) – (Male/ Female) in Delhi Police:Rs.35400-112400/-
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Executive) in CISF: Rs.29200-92300/-
|SSC CPO Exam||2019-20||2020-21|
|Online application form||17th June 2020||Yet to be announced|
|Last date to register||16th July 2020||Yet to be announced|
|SSC CPO Paper I||23rd to 26th Nov 2020||Yet to be announced|
|SSC CPO Paper II||1st March 2021||Yet to be announced|
Staff Selection Commission will soon update the Admit card and Schedule of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police, CAPFs and ASI in CISF Exam, 2019 through the SSC CPO Notification. SSC CPO Admit cards release according to the scheduled papers. SSC CPO Admit Card (AC) for the Examination indicating the time table and also venues of examination for each candidate will be placed on the website of the concerned Regional Office one week before the date of examination, As per the SSC CPO Notification, For paper I, the admit card for the same will be released one week before the exam. The same follows for Paper II.Candidates should not that the SSC CPO admit card will not be sent by post to them.
If any candidate is unable to download his/ her SSC CPO Admit Card for the CPO examination, he/ she must immediately contact the concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office(s) of the Staff Selection Commission with details such as registration ID, proof of fee payment, copy of online application form submitted by the candidate etc. for obtaining the Admission Certificates/ Admit Card.
Steps to download SSC CPO Admit Card:
- Step 1- Go to the official website.
- Step 2- Enter your registration ID which you received during the submission of your application form.
- Step 3- Enter your password/Date of Birth.
- Step 4- Choose your preferred city from the drop-down that you had given at the time of registration.
- Step 5- Click on the search option.
The SSC CPO admit card will be displayed on the screen which can be downloaded for printout.
As per the SSC CPO Notification, the fee for the CPO Exam is as follows:
|Female /SC/ST/Other categories||Not applicable|
Candidates should read all the necessary information and instructions related to the application process before filling up the application form for the CPO.
Checking the official website for the SSC CPO Notification will help the candidates understand latest updates on the exam.
Steps to apply online for SSC CPO:
- Log in to the official website.
- Fill the basic details asked for in the registration window.
- Submit the application. You will be provided with a registration ID.
- Log in using the Registration ID and password.
- Complete all other steps and submit relevant documents
- Upload your photograph and scanned copy of signature as per the desired dimensions.
- Complete your payment process.
- Check all the details provided by you for any mistakes.
- Submit your application form. Your registration will be completed.Take a printout of the application form for your future reference.
Candidates must meet certain criteria before applying for the SSC CPO Exam.The Eligibility for the CPO as mentioned in the SSC CPO Notification is as follows:
SSC CPO Nationality :
- A candidate must be a Citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan.
- In the case of migrated Indians from other countries, necessary documents should be present as a proof- like Citizenship document approved by the Govt. Of India.
SSC CPO Age Limit :
|Category||SSC CPO Age Limit|
|Minimum age||20 years|
|Maximum age||25 years|
SSC CPO Educational Qualification :
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University to fulfill the Educational requirements of the CPO assigned by the SSC
|Paper I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||02 hrs|
|General Knowledge & Awareness||50|
|Paper-II||English Language & Comprehension||200||02 hrs|
The Paper I & Paper II are a computer-based Exam.The SSC CPO syllabus for Paper I includes topics related to General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Knowledge and Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Comprehension.Paper II is on English Language & Comprehension where the candidates’ skills in vocabulary, spelling, Grammar, Sentence Structure, etc are tested.
SSC CPO Exam Syllabus 2019-20:
Paper-1 of SSC CPO 2019-20 Exam will have 4 major sections namely:
- General Reasoning
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension.
General Reasoning General Knowledge Quantitative Aptitude English Comprehension Verbal Reasoning Current Affairs Percentage Reading Comprehension Syllogism Awards and Honours Ratio and Percentage Grammar Circular Seating Arrangement Books and Authors Data Interpretation Vocabulary Linear Seating Arrangement Sports Mensuration and Geometry Verbal Ability Double Lineup Entertainment Quadratic Equation Synonyms-Antonyms Scheduling Obituaries Interest Active and Passive Voice Input Output Important Dates Problems of Ages Para Jumbles Blood Relations Scientific Research Profit and Loss Fill in the Blanks Directions and Distances Number Series Error Correction Ordering and Ranking Speed, Distance and Time Data Sufficiency Time and Work Coding and Decoding Number System Code Inequalities Data Sufficiency
- Candidates will have to undergo PET/ MEDICAL Examination.
- Physical endurance test will be scheduled for candidates who qualified in cpo tire 1.
Physical Standard Test (PST Criteria):
|Category||Height||Chest (Normal in cms)||Chest (Expanded in cms)|
|Male (General)||170 cms (5’7”)||80 cms||85 cms|
|Male (Hill area)||165 cms (5’5”)||80 cms||85 cms|
|Male (ST)||162.5 cms (5’4”)||77 cms||82 cms|
|Female (General)||157 cms (5’2”)||–||–|
|Female (Hill Area)||155 cms (5’1”)||–||–|
|Female (ST)||154 cms (5’0”)||–||–|
Physical Efficiency (Endurance) Test (PET) (For all Posts):
|Activity||PET Criteria (Male)||PET Criteria (Female)|
|100 Metre Race||Completed in 16 Seconds||Completed in 18 Seconds|
|1600/800 Metre Race||1600 Metre Race Completed in 6.5 Minutes||800 Metre Race Completed in 4 Minutes|
|Long Jump||3.65 Metres in 3 Chances||2.7 Metres in 3 Chances|
|High Jump||1.2 Metres in 3 Chances||0.9 Metres in 3 Chances|
|Shot Put||4.5 Metres in 3 chance||–|
Medical standard (For all posts) Eye sight:
The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction i.e. without wearing of glasses.
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision.
- They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely tointerfere with the efficient performance of the duties
Ex-Servicemen applying for the posts in CAPFs are not required to undergo PET.
The candidature of female candidates who are pregnant at the time of Physical Endurance Test will be rejected as they cannot undergo PET.
Medical Examination All the candidates who qualify in the PET will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary.
Finally selected candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector would, as part of training curriculum, have to pass seven obstacle events as mentioned below, failing which they may not be retained in the Force:
- Jumping over the Vertical Board
- Holding the rope on jumping from the Board.
- Tarzan Swing
- Jumping on the Horizontal Board
- Parallel Rope
- Monkey Crawl
- Vertical Rope.
As per the SSC CPO notification, exam centres for the CPO exam are given below:
|Region||SSC CPO Exam Centres with codes|
|North||Agra (3001), Allahabad (3003), Bareilly (3005), Gorakhpur (3007), Kanpur (3009), Lucknow (3010), Varanasi (3013), Bhagalpur (3201), Muzaffarpur (3205), Patna (3206).|
|South||Bangalore (9001), Thiruvananthapuram (9211), Kochi (9204), Thrisur (9212), Gulbarga (9005), Mangalore (9008), Dharwar (9004), Kozhikode (Calicut) (9206), Mysore (9009).|
|East||Guwahati (Dispur) (5105), Itanagar (5001), Dibrugarh (5102), Jorhat (5107), Silchar (5111), Imphal (5501), Shillong (5401), Ukhrul (5503), Aizwal (5701), Kohima (5302), Agartala (5601), Churachandpur (5502), Tura (5402), Goalpara (5104), Tezpur (5112), Lakhimpur (5109)|
|West||Aurangabad (7202), Mumbai (7204), Kolhapur (7203), Nagpur (7205), Panaji (7801), Pune (7208), Ahmedabad (7001), Vadodara (7002), Rajkot (7006), Nashik (7207), Amravati (7201), Surat (7007), Kutch (7010), Thane (7210)|
Candidates should be thorough with the SSC CPO notification as the Staff Selection Commission might alter few important aspects related to the CPO exam.