Today’s National Current Affairs
- Defence Minister Raj Nath Singh is to attend key assembly meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) at Tashkent, Uzbekistan. He’s going to additionally participate in bilateral engagements with the Uzbekistan government.
- The Minister is to symbolize India within the assembly meeting of Council of Heads of government (CHG) of SCO at Tashkent. The Council meets to discuss on multilateral economic cooperation within the SCO region.
- Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the technology Demonstration web Site at Kevadia, Gujarat on October 31, 2019. The inauguration was a part of the National Unity Day celebrations that commemorates the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhai Patel.
- The Mamta Banerjee government of West Bengal has issued a notification to put a complete ban on Gutka and Pan Masala.
- Prime Minister Modi will embark a three-day visit to Thailand to participate in the ASEAN, East Asia and RCEP summits. In 2018, India had hosted the Indo-ASEAN summit commemorating its twenty fifth anniversary, where all the 10 ASEAN leaders participated. Later the Delhi Declaration was to be adopted where the leaders agreed to further strengthen and deepen ASEAN-India strategic partnership.