The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) holds the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for the appointment of candidates in Grade “B” and “C” category posts at various Government Ministries, Departments, and Offices. The exam is conducted in 4 stages called Tiers. The first two tiers will be conducted online and the next two will be offline exams. The entire process of registration and communication will be online through the official website of SSC CGL. Aspirants must qualify each phase of the SSC CGL exam to go on to the next one, before being finally selected.
- There are various Posts in SSC CGL 2020. While opting a job in CGL, you have to consider multiple factors, which are:
– Job Profile
– Job Location
– Work Pressure
Job Profile Assistant Section Officer (CSS) Clerical work such as completing files & making reports Assistant (Central Vigilance Commission) Desk job Assistant Section Officer (Central Vigilance Commission) Clerical work Assistant Section Officer (Railway Ministry) Clerical work but the position is above UDC Assistant Section Officer (External Affairs) Responsible work, a lot to learn and understand Indian diplomacy and how nations take up matters Assistant Audit Officer (Under C & AG) To perform the audit Assistant Section Officer (AFHQ) To assist the section officer (Indoor Job) Assistant (Other Ministries) File work Inspector of Income Tax (CBDT) Evaluating, documenting, processing IT records Inspector (Central Excise) CBEC Inspect, verify, process and maintain the taxes/returns filed by companies Inspector (Preventive Officer) CBEC Documentation and inspecting imported and exported goods Inspector (Examiner) CBEC Checking & verifying whether appropriate taxes are paid Assistant Enforcement Officer (Department Of Revenue) Investigating, preventing & arresting the frauds Sub-Inspector (CBI) Investigate anti-corruption Inspector of Post (Dept. of Post) Procuring & promoting business growth for post offices Divisional Accountant (Under C & AG) Chief accountant or financial advisor Junior Statistical Officer (Statistics) Data Collection, Data Compilation, Data Processing
|Post code||Name of Department||Name of Post||UR||SC||ST||OBC||Total|
|F||CAG||Assistant Audit Officer Group ‘B’ Gazetted (Non Ministerial)||202||75||38||135||500|
|$||CAG||Assistant Accounts Officer Group ‘B’ Gazetted (Non Ministerial)||0||0||0||0||0|
|A||DOPT (CSS)||Assistant Section Officer||57||19||10||34||127|
|C||INTELLIGENCE BUREAU||Assistant Section Officer||3||1||1||0||6|
|D||MINISTRY OF RAILWAY||Assistant Section Officer||17||7||5||9||42|
|E||MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS||Assistant Section Officer||54||4||0||11||77|
|G||AFHQ||Assistant Section Officer||34||11||5||23||81|
|H||Central Administrative Tribunal||Assistant||5||2||0||2||9|
|H||Ministry of Parliamentry Affairs||Assistant||3||0||0||0||3|
|H||National Informatics Centre||Assistant||2||0||0||1||3|
|H||VICE PRESIDENT’s SECTT.||Assistant||1||0||0||0||1|
|I||Indian Coast Guard||Assistant||2||0||0||0||2|
|I||Directorate of Enforcement (Deptt.||Assistant||2||0||0||2||4|
|I||M/O ENVIRONMENT , FORESTS & CLIMATE CHANGE||Assistant||1||0||0||0||1|
|I||Ministry of Textile||Assistant||6||1||0||1||9|
|I||NARCOTICS CONTROL BUREAU||Assistant||1||1||0||0||2|
|I||NATIONAL TECHNICAL RESEARCH ORGANISATION||Assistant||3||1||0||1||5|
|&||Ministry of Corporate Affairs||Assistant||5||0||0||1||6|
|&||Ministry of Mines||Assistant||58||6||4||18||86|
|J||CBDT||Inspector Of Income Tax||83||14||16||64||208|
|K||CBEC||Inspector, (Central Exice)||893||335||168||553||2159|
|L||CBEC||Inspector (Preventive Officer)||84||22||11||63||201|
|N||Directorate of Enforcement (Deptt. Revenue)||Asstt. Enforcement Officer||31||7||5||20||70|
|O||Central Bureau of Investigation||Sub Inspectors||32||12||3||10||57|
|P||Department of Post||Inspector Post||28||7||2||6||47|
|S||CENTRAL BUREAU OF NARCOTICS||Inspector||7||7||2||8||31|
|%||National Investigation Agency||Sub-Inspector||0||0||0||0||0|
|R||M/O Statical & Prog. Implementation||Junior Statistical Officer||70||45||34||55||265|
|U||Offices under CGDA||Auditor||0||0||0||0||0|
|X||Controller General of Account||Accountant/Junior Accountant||179||95||37||119||430|
|X||Ministry of Communication (Department of Post)||Accountant/Junior Accountant||213||69||36||133||451|
|Y||Customs Excise & Service Tax Appellate Tribunal||Upper Division Clerk||0||0||0||1||1|
|Y||DTE. GENERAL DEFENCE EATATES(M/O DEFENCE)||Upper Division Clerk||84||25||13||45||167|
|Y||M/O COAL||Upper Division Clerk||7||1||0||2||10|
|Y||Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs||Upper Division Clerk||3||1||0||1||5|
|Y||M/O WATER RESOURCES||Upper Division Clerk||0||4||1||0||5|
|Y||M/O TEXTILE||Upper Division Clerk||23||7||1||10||41|
|Y||Office Of Development Commissioner (MSME)||Upper Division Clerk||2||0||0||1||3|
|#||CENTRAL BUREAU OF NARCOTICS||Sub-Inspector(Narcotics) – 2400||1||0||0||0||1|
- Salary Structure of SSC CGL 2020 is based on the Seventh Central Pay Commission and applicable to Central Government Departments. Pay scale according to the latest pay band for each post which will be given through SSC CGL recruitment exam is given below:
SSC CGL Post Preference Group D Post Code Post Name Grade Pay Age Limit T Auditor 2800 18-27 years U Auditor 2800 18-27 years V Auditor 2800 18-27 years W Accountant 2800 18-27 years X Accountant/ Junior Accountant 2800 18-27 years Y Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division 2400 18-27 years Z Tax Assistant CBDT 2400 18-27 years @ Tax Assistant CBEC 2400 20-27 years # SI Central Bureau of Narcotics 2400 18-27 years POST CLASSIFICATION PAY Scale Grade Pay Assistant/ Assistant Section Officer Group-B Rs 9300-34800 4600 Assistant (various ministries) Group-B Rs 9300-34800 4200 Inspector/ Enforcement Officer (various ministries) Group-B & Group-C Rs 9300-34800 4600 Accountant/ Sub-Inspector/ Investigator Group-B/ Group-C Rs 9300-34800 4200 Assistant Audit Officer (gazetted) Group-B Rs 9300-34800 4800 Auditor/ Accountant/ Junior Accountant Group-C Rs 5200-20200 2800 Senior Secretariat Assistant Group-C Rs 5200-20200 2400 Tax Assistant/ Compiler/ Sub-Inspector Group-C Rs 5200-20200 2400
|SSC CGL 2020 Exam Dates|
|SSC CGL 2020 Notification Stating Date||12th December 2020|
|Last Date to apply for SSC CGL 2020||12th December 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier-I 2020 Exam Date||29/05/2021 to 07/06/2021|
|SSC CGL Tier-II 2020 Exam Date||To be notified later|
|SSC CGL Tier- III 2019 Exam Date||To be notified later|
|SSC CGL Tier-IV 2019 Exam Date||To be notified later|
- SSC CGL 2020 Application form will be made available in December 2020 and would continue till November 2019. Candidates can fill the form in online mode only by visiting the official portal (different for different regions) of SSC.
– Candidates need to register by entering his/her e-mail ID, phone number and password.
– A registration number will be issued.
– Use this registration number and password to login.
– Fill the detailed application form and upload scanned photograph and signature as per the dimensions mentioned in the JPEG format.
– After successfully filling and uploading, you are required to pay application fees.
– SSC CGL application fee 2019 for unreserved male candidates is INR 100 while female and reserved category candidates are exempted from any fee.
- SSC CGL exam is divided into 4 stages i.e. Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and finally Tier 4.
– Candidates who qualify in Tier 1, will be eligible to appear in Tier 2.
– Candidates who qualify in Tier 2, will be eligible to appear in both Tier 3 and Tier 4.
– Final Merit of SSC CGL will be based on cumulative marks of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3.
– Tier 4 is of qualifying nature and mandatory for CSS / MEA / Tax Assistant Posts
- Tier – I — Online Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier – II — Online Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier – III — Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essay/Precis/Letter /Application Writing)
- Tier – IV — Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
- SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Pattern :
Part Subject Max. Marks Questions Time Allotted A General Intelligence & Reasoning 50 25 60 Minutes (Total)
80 Minutes (for disabled candidates)
B General Awareness 50 25 C Quantitative Aptitude 50 25 D English Comprehension 50 25
- SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Pattern:
Paper Subject No of Questions Max Marks Exam Duration 1 Quantitative Abilities 100 200 2 Hours 2 English Language and Comprehension 200 200 2 Hours 3 Statistics 100 200 2 Hours 4 General Studies (Finance & Economics) 100 200 2 Hours
Note: 1. In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension)
and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
2. In Tier-II, Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all the posts.
3. In Tier-II, Paper-III will be for only those candidates who apply for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and who are
shortlisted in Tier-I for this Post/ Paper.
4. In Tier-II, Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV i.e. for the posts of Assistant
Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- SSC CGL Tier-III Exam Pattern :
SSC Tier III Maximum Marks Time Duration Descriptive Paper in English /Hindi 100 1 Hour
- SSC CGL Tier-III Exam Pattern :
SSC Tier IV Time Duration Syllabus Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) for post of Assistant Section Officer in CSS & MEA only 45 Minutes Word/Excel/ Power Point
- According to the analysis of the previous year results of SSC CGL exams cut –off a list is prepared for your guidance.
CATEGORY CUT OFF MARKS CANDIDATES AVAILABLE SC 156.73 1576 ST 151.45 780 OBC 172.76 2904 OH 147.08 149 HH 117.49 141 UR 180.1 2074+
- List-II: Candidates qualified in Tier-I for appearing in Tier-II (Paper-I, Paper-II, Paper-III Statistics) & Tier III
CATEGORY CUT OFF MARKS CANDIDATES AVAILABLE SC 130.76 3647 ST 119.99 2020 OBC 15.87 6032 OH 130.86 166 HH 86.44 181 VH 110.67 204 UR 165.77 3716+
- List – III : Candidates qualified in Tier-I for appearing in Tier-II (Paper-I and Paper-II) and Tier-I
CATEGORY CUT OFF MARKS CANDIDATES AVAILABLE SC 115.35 22965 ST 104.91 11737 OBC 135.95 38714 Ex.S 69 7201 OH 98.42 2196 HH 40.00 1761 VH 110.41 664 UR 147.78 25876
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Classification||Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture etc.)||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Analogy||Science||Interest||Fill in the Blanks|
|Paper Folding Method||Sports||Percentage||Phrases and Idioms|
|Matrix||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion||One word Substitution|
|Word Formation||Important Schemes||Problem on Ages||Sentence Correction|
|Venn Diagram||Portfolios||Speed, Distance and Time||Error Spotting|
|Direction and Distance||People in News||Number System|
|Verbal reasoning||Time and Work|
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2019 comprises DEST/CPT. These are required for certain government posts.
1. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax).Any Candidate who takes CPT does not require to appear for DEST as the part 1 of CPT (Typing) will be considered for DEST evaluation.
– Requirement: 8000 key depression per hour, that is 2000 key depression per 15 minutes.
– Relaxation: VH Candidates will be allowed 20 minutes.
2. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test):
– Inspector (Central Excise) [CBEC]
– Inspector (Preventive officer)[CBEC]
– Inspector (Examiner)[CBEC]
The Commission will provide the Computer for the test. The Skill test in Computer Proficiency is a qualifying test only. It will consist of three Modules in the following manner:
(I) Word Processing Test: 2000 Key Depressions
(II) Test in spread Sheets on Microsoft Excel: 15 Minutes
(III) Test in PowerPoint (Microsoft Power Point): 15 Minutes