Today’s National Current Affairs
- Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde appointed next Chief Justice of India (CJI), will take oath on Nov 18.
- Odisha Disaster Preparedness Day observed on October 29.
- Delhi Police doubles ‘PRAKHAR’ anti-street crime vans.
PARAMAHANSA YOGANANDA COINS
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman released a special commemorative coin to mark 125th birth anniversary of Paramahansa Yogananda
- Yogananda was the founder of two organisations — Yogoda Satsanga Society of India and Self-Realisation Fellowship.
Today’s International Current Affairs
- 2 killed in as an earthquake measuring 6.6 on the Richter scale struck the southern Philippines.
- Argentina’s Rafael Grossi elected new Director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
- PM Modi calls on Saudi Arabian King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud in Riyadh.
- PM Modi meets King Abdullah II of Jordan in Riyadh.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui wins Golden Dragon Award at the Cardiff international film competition Festival in Scotland .
- Japan’s Sadako Ogata, the first girl to head the UN’s refugee agency UNHCR, dies at 92.
Today’s Economy & Business Current Affairs
- BSE Sensex: 39,832 (+582), NSE Nifty: 11,786.85 (+160)
- Finance Minister seats Governing Council (GC) meeting of the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF)
- RBI forces punishment of Rs 1 crore on Bandhan Bank for not cutting down the advertiser shareholding to 40%
- India traded natural items worth Rs 5,151 crore in 2018-19: APEDA
- APEDA: Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority
- India, US sign SOI (Statement of Intent) to strengthen dialogue on defence technology cooperation
- CBI arrests Pailan group chief Apurba Saha in Kolkata Rs 574-crore ponzi scam case
- National Corporate Social Responsibility Awards (NCSRA), organized by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, presented by the President in New Delhi
- HCP Design, Planning and Management wins consultancy offer to redevelop Parliament and the Central Vista
Today’s Sports Current Affairs
- ICC bans Shakib Al Hasan of Bangladesh for two years over breach of Anti-Corruption Code for not reporting being approached by a bookie during IPL in April 2018