FCI has released notification for the recruitment of Management trainees / Managers in FCI (Food Corporation of India), which is one of the largest public sector undertakings ensuring the food security of the Nation. FCI has released the online applications for the posts of Depots & offices from eligible candidates who will fulfill the prescribed qualifications, age, experience & many other criterias. Food Corporation of India has released notification for the post of Manager in General, Depot, Movement, Accounts, Technical, Civil Engineering, Electrical & Mechanical engineering. Prasad coaching center is one of the best FCI coaching centeres in Bangalore.
Candidates who will clear their examination will be selected as management trainee and will undergo training for six months. But only consolidated stipend will be paid to them at the rate of 40,000 RS per month as a stipend during training period of 6 months. After the successful completion of training period of 6 months, managers will get the IDA pay scale of RS 40000 – 140000. However, there will be no training in case of manager (in Hindi) & they will be directly appointed as manager in the IDA pay scale of RS 40000 – 140000. Number of vacancies may vary as per administrative exigencies of FCI. A candidate can apply in any one zone only that is either North Zone / South Zone / East Zone / West Zone as per the vacancies. Candidate can apply for any one of the post code A, B, C, D, E, F, G & H in the opted zone only.
|Name of the Post||Post code||Qualification / Experience|
|Manager (General)||A||Graduate degree or equivalent from recognized University with minimum 60% marks;
Note: In case of SC/ST/ PwBD candidates, the minimum percentage of marks shall be 55% instead of 60%.
|Manager (Depot)||B||Graduate degree or equivalent from recognized University with minimum 60% marks;
Note: In case of SC/ST/PwBD candidates, the minimum percentage of marks shall be 55% instead of 60%.
|Manager (Movement)||C||Graduate degree or equivalent from recognized University with minimum 60% marks;
Note: In case of SC/ST/ PwBD candidates, the minimum percentage of marks shall be 55% instead of 60%.
|Manager (Accounts)||D||i. Associate Membership of
a) The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India; or
b) The Institute of Cost Accountants of India; or
c)The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
ii. B.Com from a recognized University AND
(a) Post Graduate Full-time MBA (Fin) Degree / Diploma of minimum 2 years recognized by UGC/AICTE; or
(b) Post Graduate Part-time MBA (Fin) Degree / Diploma (not in the nature of distance education) of minimum 3 years duration recognized by UGC/AICTE; or (c) Post Graduate MBA (Fin) Degree/Diploma by distance education mode recognized by UGC-AICTE- DEC Joint Committee.
|Manager (Technical)||E||B.Sc. in Agriculture from a recognized University.
B.Tech degree or B.E degree in Food Science from a recognized University/ an institution approved by the AICTE;
B.Tech degree or B.E degree in Food Science & Technology or Food Technology or Food Processing Technology or Food Process Engineering or Food Processing or Food Preservation Technology from a recognized University/ an institution approved by the AICTE.
B.Tech. degree or BE degree in Agricultural Engineering from a recognized University/an institution approved by the AICTE.
B.Tech degree or B.E degree in Bio-Technology or Industrial BioTechnology or Bio-Chemical Engineering or Agricultural Bio-Technology from a recognized University/ an institution approved by the AICTE;
|Manager (Civil Engineering)||F||Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or equivalent.|
|Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering)||G||Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from a Recognized University or equivalent.|
Master’s Degree of a recognized University or equivalent in Hindi with English as a subject at the Degree level.
Master’s Degree of a recognized University or equivalent in English with Hindi as a subject at the degree level.
Master’s degree of a recognized University or equivalent in any subject with Hindi and English as a subject at the degree level. OR
Master’s degree of a recognized University or equivalent in any subject with English medium and Hindi as a subject at the degree level.
Master’s degree of a recognized University or equivalent in any subject with Hindi medium and English as a subject at the degree level.
5 years experience of terminological work in Hindi and/or translation work from English to Hindi or vice-versa preferably of technical or scientific literature.
Five years experience of teaching/research writing or journalism in Hindi Desirable:-
(i) Knowledge of Sanskrit or a modern India Language.
(ii) Administrative experience.
(iii) Experience of organizing Hindi Classes or workshop for noting and drafting.
Manager (General /Depot /Movement /Accounts /Technical /Civil Engineering/Electrical Mechanical Engineering):- The selection process will be consisting of Online Test, Interview and Training. Manager (Hindi):- The selection process will be consisting of Online Test and Interview.
- ONLINE TEST
The online test will comprise of Phase-I and Phase-II exams
- The online test of Phase-I shall be common irrespective of the post. In the Phase-I of online test, the test will be Objective type. Each question will carry one mark. For each wrong answer, there will be negative marking of one-fourth of the mark assigned to that question. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate there will be no negative marking for that question. The marks obtained in Phase-I will NOT be reckoned in final merit ranking.
The test structure for Phase I Online test is as follow:-
|SL NO||NAME OF THE TEST||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||MAXIMUM MARKS||DURATION IN MINUTES||MEDIUM OF EXAMINATION|
|1||English Language||25||25||15 minutes||English|
|2||Reasoning Ability||25||25||15 minutes||Bilingual (English and Hindi)|
|3||Numerical Aptitude||25||25||15 minutes||Bilingual (English and Hindi)|
|4||General Studies* comprising of Indian History, Indian Economy, Geography & General Science up to Class 8 th level -20 questions Current Affairs -5 questions||25||25||15 minutes||Bilingual (English and Hindi)|
- Phase II online test comprises :
|POST||POST CODE||NUMBER OF PAPERS||NOTE|
|Manager (General)||A||Paper I only|
|Manager (Accounts)||D||Paper I and Paper II||Candidates applying for any ONE of the post code D, E, F and G will appear in Paper-Ito be followed by Paper-II. ONLINE TEST for Paper – I & Paper – II shall be held in single sitting.|
|Manager (Civil Engineering)||F|
|Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering)||G|
|Manager (Hindi)||H||Paper III and Paper IV||Candidates applying for Post code H will appear in Paper-III to be followed by Paper-IV. ONLINE TEST for Paper – III & Paper-IV shall be held in single sitting.|
PHASE II Online test will be as follows :
|Paper Type||Number of questions and Marks||Duration||Negative marking|
|Paper – I||120 Multiple Choice Questions each carrying 1 mark (maximum 120 marks).||90 minutes||There will be no negative marking in Phase-II of the examination.|
|Post specific Paper-II (in phase II)||60 Multiple Choice Questions each carrying 2 marks (maximum 120 marks).||60 minutes|
|Paper-III (Only for the Post of Manager (Hindi) Post Code-H )||120 Multiple Choice Questions each carrying 1 mark (maximum 120 marks).||90 minutes|
|Paper-IV (Only for the Post of Manager (Hindi) Post Code-H )||(i) 1 Passage for translation from Hindi to English (ii) 1 Passage for translation from English to Hindi (iii) 1 essay in Hindi (iv) 1 Precis Writing in English Each question carries 30 Marks and total Marks will be 120.||90 minutes|
The Structure of Paper – I, Paper-II, Paper-III and Paper – IV of PHASE-II Online Test shall be as follows:
PAPER-I (Duration – 90 minutes) (120 Marks):
For the post of Manager (General / Depot / Movement / Accounts / Technical / Civil Engineering / Electrical Mechanical Engineering).
|SL NO||NAME OF THE TEST||NO OF QUESTIONS||MAXIMUM MARKS||MEDIUM OF EXAMINATION||DURATION|
|1||English Language||25||25||English||20 minutes|
|2||Reasoning Ability||25||25||Bilingual (English and Hindi)||20 minutes|
|3||Numerical Aptitude||25||25||Bilingual (English and Hindi)||20 minutes|
|4||General Studies* comprising of Indian History, Indian Economy, Geography-25& General Science up to Class Xth level -10 questions AND Current Affairs-5 & Computer Awareness -5 questions||45||45||Bilingual (English and Hindi)||30 minutes|
PAPER-II (Duration – 60 minutes) (120 Marks):
- 60 Multiple Choice Questions on General Accounting and Finance for candidates applying for Manage r (Accounts)
- 60 Multiple Choice Questions on Agriculture, Food Science and Technology, Agricultural Engineering & Bio Technology for candidates applying for Manager(Technical)
- 60 Multiple Choice Questions on Civil Engineering / Electrical Mechanical Engineering for candidates applying for Manager(Civil Engineering / Electrical Mechanical Engineering).
The SYLLABUS for specified technical posts for Paper-II to assess the post specific technical knowledge of relevant stream is as under:
- Manager(Accounts) (Post Code-D):
- Basic Accounting concept including preparation of books of accounts and Accounting Standards.
- Financial Management:(a) Analysis of Financial statement (b) Budgeting & Budgetary control (c) Working Capital management(d) Capital Budgeting & Ratio Analysis.
- Taxation: (a) Income Tax including filing of return, TDS, Advance Tax etc. (b) Goods & Services Tax.
- Auditing: (a) Auditing Concepts and Methods(b) Internal & External Audit of Companies.
- Commercial Laws: (a) Contract Act (b) Companies Act (c) Sales of Goods Act (d) Negotiable Instrument Act (e) Consumer Protection Act(f) RTI Act.
- Basic of Computers: (a) Operating System (b) Browsers(c) Email (d) Memory (Internal, External, portable) (e) Chats(f) Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) (g) Networks.
- Manager (Technical) (Post Code-E):
- Agricultural- Statistics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Food & Agriculture Microbiology, Nutrition (Animal & Plant), Postharvest care of Cereals & Pulses, Food grain Protection, Agriculture Extension.
- Biotechnology- Microbes: Beneficial & Harmful, Genetic Engineering, Biotechnological Principles, Economic Biotechnology, Pathogens & Control, Recent trends.
- Entomology- Basic Entomology, Economic Entomology, Beneficial and harmful insects, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Storage Grain Insect pest, Vertebrate Pests.
- Chemistry-Physical Chemistry: Structure of Atoms, Chemical Bonding, Radioactivity; Inorganic Chemistry, Periodic Table, Basics Metals & Non-metals, Organic Chemistry, Basics of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, aldehydes and acids , Biochemistry (Carbohydrates, Proteins & Fats).
- PFA Act, 1964,Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006/Food Safety and Standards Regulations 2011, Right to information Act, 2005
- Manager(Civil Engineering) (Post Code-F):
- Engineering Materials & Construction Technology Selection of site for the construction, Planning and orientation of buildings, Ventilation and air conditioning, acoustics. Building and highway materials, Stones, Bricks timber, Lime, Cement Mortar, Plain and reinforced Cement Concrete, Bitumen, Asphalt. 2. Building Materials: Stone, Lime, Glass, Plastics, Steel, FRP, Ceramics, Aluminium, Fly Ash, Basic Admixtures, Timber, Bricks and Aggregates Classification, properties and selection criteria, Cement etc.
- Construction Practice, Planning and Management: Construction Planning, Equipment, site investigation, Tendering Process and Contract Management, Quality Control, Productivity, Operation Cost; Land acquisition, Laboursafety and welfare.
- Surveying Surveying, Leveling, temporary and permanent adjustments of levels and Theodolite, Use of theodolite, tachometry. Trigonometrically and Triangulation survey. Contours and contouring, Computations of areas and volumes.
- Soil/Geotechnical Engineering Classification of soil , Field identification tests , water content, specific gravity, voids ratio, porosity, Soil permeability and its determination in the laboratory and field, Darcy’s law, Flow nets its Characteristics. Local and general shear failures, design Criteria for shallow foundation, Plate load test, S tability of simple slopes.
- Highway and bridges: Classification of road land width, Flexible pavements, WBM courses, sub base, sand bitumen base curse, crushed cement concrete base / sub-base course. Prime and tack coats, surface dressing, Asphaltic concrete, seal coats etc.
- Structural Analysis: Strength of materials, Bending moments and shear force, Analysis of determinate and indeterminate structure, Suspended Cables, Concepts and use of Computer Aided Design.
- Design of steel structures: Principles of working stress methods, Design of tension and compression members, Design of beams and beam column connections, built-up sections, Girders, Industrial roofs, Principles of Ultimate load design.
- Design of Concrete and Masonry Structures; Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression and combined forces; Design of beams, Slabs, Lintels, Foundations, Retaining walls, Tanks, Staircases.
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation: estimate, analysis of rates, earthwork, Brick , RCC work shuttering, Painting, Flooring, Plastering flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles etc. Valuation- Value and cost, scrap value, salvage value, assessed value, sinking fund, depreciation and obsolescence, methods of valuation.
- Manager(Electrical Mechanical Engineering) (Post Code-G):
Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Theory of Machines, Machine Design, Strength of Materials, Engineering Materials, Production Engineering , Industrial Engineering ,Production Planning and Control Material handling, Electrical Circuits, Network theorems, EM Theory, Electrostatics, Material Science (Electric Materials), Electrical Measurements, Elements of Computation Power Apparatus and Systems (Power System: Power generation; Thermal, Hydro, Nuclear & Solar power production and Transmissions), Electro mechanics, Control Systems, Electronics and Communications, Estimation and costing, Use of computers.
PAPER-III (Duration-90 minutes) (120 Marks):
|SL NO||NAME OF THE TEST||NUM OF QUESTIONS||MAXIMUM MARKS||MEDIUM OF EXAMINATION||DURATION|
|1||General Hindi||20||20||Hindi||20 minutes|
|2||General English||20||20||English||20 minutes|
|3||General Awareness||20||20||Bilingual (English and Hindi)||10 minutes|
|4||General intelligence||20||20||Bilingual (English and Hindi)||20 minutes|
|5||Computer Awareness||20||20||Bilingual (English and Hindi)||10 minutes|
|6||Current Affairs||20||20||Bilingual (English and Hindi)||10 minutes|
PAPER-IV (Duration-90 minutes) (120 Marks) (Subjective Test):
- one Passage for translation from Hindi to English (30 Marks)
- one Passage for translation from English to Hindi (30 Marks)
- one essay in Hindi (30 Marks)
- one Precis Writing in English (30 Marks).
For appearing in Paper-IV Manager (Hindi) candidate should be able to use the following keyboard layouts:
- Remington (GAIL)
DOCUMENT VERIFICATION & INTERVIEW
- For the post code A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H candidates who have been shortlisted in the Online Test will subsequently be called for an Interview in the post to candidate ratio of 1:3, to be conducted by FCI. The document verification will be completed at the time of Interview. The said processes will be conducted at select centres. The venue, time & date of Interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the call letter for interview. Candidates are required to download their Interview call letters from authorised FCI website https://fci.gov.in/. Please note that any request regarding change in date, venue etc. of Interview will not be entertained. However, the FCI reserves the right to change the date/ venue/ time/ etc. of Interview. The weightage assigned to Interview will be 10%. The combined final scores of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of total scores obtained by the candidates in Online Exam and Interview, details of which will be available subsequently on FCI website.
- Those candidates who are meritorious on the basis of combined merit in Online Test and Interview and whose documents have been verified successfully and their eligibility for the posts has been established will be shortlisted for further appointment as Management Trainees (MTs) for cadres General/ Depot / Movement / Accounts / Technical / Civil Engineering / Electrical Mechanical Engineering and Manager (Hindi).
- While appearing for the Interview/ Document Verification, the candidate should produce valid prescribed documents. In the absence of valid documents, candidature of the candidates is liable to be cancelled. Candidates will be allowed for the Interview only after successful completion of Document Verification process. FCI shall take no responsibility to receive any certificate/remittance/ document sent separately.
Training as a Management Trainee is a part of the recruitment process which carries a weightage of 10%. Candidates selected as Management Trainees (General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Mechanical Engineering) will undergo six months training. Only consolidated stipend will be paid to them at the rate of Rs. 40000/- (Forty thousand only) per month during the training period. On completion of six months training successfully, they will be considered for absorption in the Corporation as Managers in the IDA Pay scale of Rs. 40,000 – 140000/-