Banking & SSC 11th December National Current Affairs
- ISRO Launches PSLV-C48 carrying 628-kg earth Observation satellite RISAT-2BR1 along with 9 other customer satellites from Sriharikota (AP)
- Culture Ministry Launches portal ‘indianculture.government.in’ developed by IIT-Bombay
- Nagaland extends the Inner Line Permit (ILP) regime to Dimapur District; all districts under ILP now
- Manipur would be brought under the Inner Line Permit (ILP) system: Home Minister Amit Shah
CITIZENSHIP (AMENDMENT) BILL, 2019
- Parliament passes the Citizenship (Amendment) bill 2019
Was passed by Lok Sabha on Dec 10 and Rajya Sabha on Dec 11.
- The Bill seeks to provide Indian citizenship to Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi and Christian refugees coming from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan after facing religious persecution there.
- Those who’ve migrated to India before Dec 31, 2014 are eligible.
- The Bill shall not apply to: 1. Tribal areas of Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Tripura 2. States that are protected by the Inner Line Permit (ILP) — Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram and Nagaland
Banking & SSC 11th December International Current Affairs
- Sixteen-year old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg Declared TIME’s 2019 Person of the Year
- Others honoured by TIME: US Women’s Soccer Team: Athlete of the Year, the US Public Servants: Guardians of the Year, singer Lizzo: Entertainer of the Year’ and Disney CEO Bob Iger: Business Person of the Year
- International Mountain Day Observed on Dec 11; theme: ‘Mountains Matter for Youth’
- At least 250 journalists jailed around the world; highest in China: US-based Committee to Protect Journalists
Banking & SSC 11th December Economy & Business Current Affairs
- ADB cuts India’s GDP growth Forecast to 5.1% for FY2019 from 6.5% made in Sep ; forecast for FY2020 cut to 6.5% from 7.2%
- Cabinet clears Amendments to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC); objective is to remove difficulties being faced during insolvency resolution process
- Cabinet approves ‘Partial Credit Guarantee Scheme’ for purchase of high-rated pooled assets from financially sound NBFCs/HFCs by PSBs
- Lok Sabha passes Bill to set up a unified regulatory authority for all international financial services centres (IFSCs) in India
- Cabinet authorises NHAI to set up infrastructure Investment trust, monetise NH projects having toll collection track record of at least one year
- Cabinet approves Hike in authorised capital of India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited (IIFCL) from Rs 6,000 crore to Rs 25,000 crore
- ICAR organising ‘International Seminar on Climate Smart Farming Systems’ for BIMSTEC Countries in Delhi on Decmber 11-13
- SBI under-reported its non-performing assets (NPAs) for 2018-19 by Rs 11,932 crore: RBI auditors
Banking & SSC 11th December Sports Current Affairs
- Sports Ministry Announces cash Awards to South Asian Games medallists; Rs.1.5 lakh for gold, Rs.1 lakh for silver and Rs. 50,000 for bronze
- India’s Vikram Malhotra wins Life Time Betty Griffin Memorial squash tournament in Boca Raton (US)
For daily , weekly , monthly current affairs ,E news papers
And for other materials join our what’s app group and telegram.