Banking & SSC 6th December National Current Affairs
- Aberdeen Police Station in Andaman & Nicobar is the country’s best police station: Centre
- to set up FM Transmitters in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) premises along the Indo-Nepal Border
- SC lifts its earlier interim Order Imposing a complete ban on Cconstruction, industrial business activities in Taj Trapezium Zone (TTZ)
- Mauritian PM Pravind Jugnauth visits India
- BJP’s K. C. Ramamurthy elected to the Rajya Sabha seat from Karnataka
- Assam government. Launches Anti Depredation Squads in forests to avoid human-wildlife conflicts
- 24th International Film Festival of Kerala being held in Thiruvananthapuram from Dec 6 to 14
- Jharkhand’s Mahuamilan station will becomes the country’s 5500th station to get free wifi facility
- Odisha CM distributes free laptops to Plus Two (+2) meritorious students under the ‘Biju Sashaktikaran Yojana’
- Govt to introduce The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019 in Parliament
- The Bill proposes to amend the Citizenship Act, 1955
- The Bill seeks to grant citizenship to undocumented non-Muslims (Hindu, Buddhist, Christian, Parsi, Jain and Sikh) from Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan who came to India on or before Dec 31, 2014.
- Purpose of the Bill is to allow acquisition of Indian citizenship by persons who were forced to seek shelter in
- India due to persecution on grounds of religion
The Bill shall not apply to:
- Tribal areas of Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Tripura as included in the sixth schedule of the Constitution
- States that are protected by the Inner Line Permit (ILP) — Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram and Nagaland
Banking & SSC 6th December International Current Affairs
- 5th Edition of annual ‘MED – Mediterranean Dialogues’ being held in Rome from Dec 5 to 7; EAM S. Jaishankar representing India
- International Civil Aviation Day celebrated on Dec 7.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas honoured for outstanding contribution to cinema at Marrakech Film Festival
- Worth £40,000, Turner Prize is the biggest award in British art; jointly awarded to Oscar Murillo, Lawrence Abu Hamdan, Tai Shani and Helen Cammock in Margate (UK)
- Oxford names ‘Climate Emergency’ as its 2019 Word of the Year
GLOBAL MIGRATION REPORT
- Global Migration report 2020 Released by UN’s International Organisation for Migration (IOM)
- Number of International migrants in 2019 estimated at 270 million; US remains top Destination at 50.7 million
- At 17.5 million, India was the largest Important country of origin of International migrants in 2019
- At $78.6 billion, India was the top receiver of overseas remittances in 2018; US was the top remittance-sending country at $68 billion
CLIMATE RISK INDEX
- The Global Climate Risk Index was published by environmental think-tank Germanwatch on Dec 4, 2019
- Japan was rated as the most-affected country in 2018 followed by way of the Philippines, Germany, Madagascar and India
- The annual ranking measures the damage done by extreme weather to human life and Economies.
Banking & SSC 6th December Economy & Business Current Affairs
- Foreign exchange reserves touch a new high of USD 451.08 billion in the week to Nov 29
- National Stock Exchange Appoints Girish Chandra Chaturvedi as its new Chairman
- NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer) transactions to be available 24×7 from Dec 16, including holidays
- The Kerala Bank, an amalgamation of District co-operative banks in the state, launched by the state’s CM Pinarayi Vijayan
- Hindustan Times Leadership Summit being held in New Delhi on Dec 6-7; theme: ‘Conversations for a Better Tomorrow’’
- ONGC’s USD 300 million medium-term note (MTN) issue listed on BSE’s India International Exchange (India INX)
- Bajaj Auto launches Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 and Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 bikes in India
DATA PROTECTION BILL
- To introduce Personal data Protection Bill in Parliament
- It Specifies rules on collection, storage, and processing of personal data, the consent of individuals, penalties and compensation, and a code of conduct.
- It was prepared by a high-level expert committee headed by former SC judge Justice B.N. Srikrishna.
- to notify Categories of personal data as critical personal data or personal information
- Personal data is to be stored in India, but can be processed outside with the consent of the person.
Banking & SSC 6th December Sports Current Affairs
- Anthony Amalraj, Sutirtha Mukherjee win table tennis singles titles in South Asian Games in Kathmandu
- Former India Table tennis head coach Bhawani Mukherji dies at the age of 68; won Dronacharya Award in 2012
For daily , weekly , monthly current affairs ,E news papers
And for other materials join our what’s app group and telegram.