Banking & SSC 10th January National Current Affairs
- SC Calls Access to the Internet Fundamental Right; asks J&K Administration to review its Order Imposing curbs on Internet Services
- Youth Affairs & Sports Ministry and UP Government. jointly Organizing National Youth Festival in Lucknow on January 12th -16; theme: ‘Fit Youth, Fit India’
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah Inaugurates Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C) in New Delhi; dedicates National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal (www.cybercrime.gov.in) to the Nation
- Veteran Broadcaster, poet and Academician Obaid Siddiqui dies in Ghaziabad at 63
- External Affairs Ministry and the Indian Missions Celebrate ‘Vishwa Hindi Diwas’ on January 10
- Indian Navy to Organise week-long multilateral Milan 2020 Exercise in Visakhapatnam in March 2020; theme: ‘Synergy Across the Seas’
- Three Indian Cities from Kerala – Malappuram (first), Kozhikode (fourth) and Kollam (tenth) — in top-10 of ‘world’s Fastest-growing urban areas’ by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
CRIME IN INDIA
- 2018 Edition of ‘Crime in India’ Statistics Released by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB)
- A total of 50.74 lakh Crimes was Registered in 2018.
- Crime in India has Increased by 1.3% in 2018 Compared to 2017
- Crime rate per lakh Population was down to 383.5 in 2018 from 388.6 in 2017.
Banking & SSC 10th January International Current Affairs
- China-Pakistan bilateral Naval exercise, code-Named Sea Guardians-2020, being Conducted in the northern Arabian Sea From January 6th to 14.
- US House of Representative passes resolution limiting President’s ability to carry out military actions against Iran without the prior Approval of Congress
Banking & SSC 10th January Economy & Business Current Affairs
Index of Industrial Production (IIP) Records Growth of 1.8 per cent in November
Foreign exchange Reserves rise $3.689 billion to touch a Record high of $461.157 billion in the week to January 3
Power Ministry launches ‘State Energy Efficiency Index 2019’ Developed by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in Association with Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE)
Govt Launches paperless licensing through Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO) for Road tankers
Wings India 2020, a Flagship event of Indian Civil Aviation Industry, at Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad: March 12-15; theme: ‘Flying for All’
SC Stays NCLAT (National Company Law Appellate Tribunal) order Restoring Cyrus Mistry as Tata Sons’ chairman
PayU acquires Controlling stake in fintech start-up PaySense at a valuation of $185 million
Assets worth over Rs 78 crore of former ICICI Bank Chairman Chanda Kochhar and her Family attached by the ED in Connection with a money Laundering Probe against them.