Banking & SSC 9th January National Current Affairs
- Indian Navy maintaining its Presence in The Gulf Region as part of its ‘Operation Sankalp’ to ensure Safety of Indian Flag Merchant Vessels Transiting through the region
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Celebrated on the January 9 2020.
- New logo of Arunachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly Adopted; Consists of the national emblem and foxtail Orchid (Rhynchostylis Retusa), the State flower.
- AP Govenment. Launches ‘Amma Vodi’ scheme to provide an annual Assistance of Rs. 15,000 each to poor mothers to Educate their children.
- Tamil Nadu Fisheries University and Tamil Nadu Music and Fine Arts University Rechristened after late CM J. Jayalalithaa
- Justice Dilip B. Bhosale, 63, resigns as member of anti-Corruption ombudsman Lokpal Citing personal reasons
- Agricultural Scientist Dr M S Swaminathan receives the first ‘Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu National Award for Excellence’ in Hyderabad from Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu
- ‘Pax Sinica: Implications for the Indian Dawn, a book on China authored by Samir Saran & Akhil Deo, released
- Gangster Ejaz Lakdawala Arrested by Mumbai police’s Anti-Extortion Cell (AEC) in Patna after being on the run for two Decades
Banking & SSC 9th January International Current Affairs
- Former (PM) Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic wins Presidential Election in Croatia
- Australia’s raging bushfire crisis has killed 24 people and burned over six million Hectares of Land
- Pakistan: Govt College University Lahore (GCU) sets up a Research Chair honouring its alumni Indian-American Biochemist Har Gobind Khorana (1922-2011), who won the 1968 Nobel Prize for Medicine.
- Sebastian Kurz sworn in Chancellor of Austria after his People’s Party (OeVP) Forms coalition Governmentt. with Greens Party
Banking & SSC 9th January Economy & Business Current Affairs
- Indian Economy to grow 5% in 2019-20 and 5.8% in 2020-21: World Bank said in its Global Economic Prospects Report
- HDFC Completes Acquisition of Apollo Group’s stake in Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Rajya Sabha MP Chandra Pal Singh Elected as Chairman of Krishak Bharati Cooperative Ltd (KRIBHCO)
- Supreme Court Orders Govt to Include re-grassing of mined Areas as a mandatory Condition for grant of mining leases to Restore Biodiversity.
- Cabinet Approves ordinance to amend mining laws to remove “end-use restrictions”, allowing “anyone to participate in the auction of coal blocks”