Banking & SSC 26th December National Current Affairs
- A partial Solar eclipse visible in parts of India along with Several other Countries
- This was an annular Solar eclipse that happens when the Moon covers the sun’s centre, leaving the sun’s visible outer edges to form a ‘ring of fire’ or annulus – around the moon.
GOOD GOVERNANCE INDEX
- A Good governance index (GGI) has been Launched by the Central government to assess the state of governance in the Country.
- Tamil Nadu bagged the top position for Big States followed by Maharashtra, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh (AP).
- In the North-East and Hill Category, Himachal Pradesh Topped the ranking.
- Among the Union Territories, Pondicherry got the First position.
UGC DOCUMENTS ON QUALITY MANDATE
- Union HRD Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank Launched Five documents developed by University Grants Commission, UGC Covering the 5 verticals of Quality Mandate
- These Five documents Cover Evaluation reforms, eco-friendly & sustainable university Campuses, Human values & professional ethics, faculty induction and academic Research integrity
TRANSIT-ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah laid the foundation stone for the country’s First transit-oriented development (TOD) project in New Delhi
- Under TOD, a State-of-the-art Infrastructure zone, including the national capital’s tallest tower, will be built in east Delhi
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Released a postage Stamp on Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI)
- DRI was Formed on Dec 4, 1957 to Function as an apex intelligence agency of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs to Counter the menace menace of smuggling.
- Makes Aadhaar mandatory for subscribers of the Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY), a pension scheme for senior Citizens.
- The Scheme, which envisages an assured rate of return of 8% annually, is being Implemented through LIC.
- All new recruits in railways will be Inducted through the UPSC Civil Services exams under Five Specialities, Railway Board Chairman V K Yadav said
- Four of them will be Engineering Specialities for ‘technical’ Operations Comprising of civil, Mechanical, telecom and electrical, and one ‘non – Technical Speciality which will recruit Officers for accounts, personnel and traffic.
- Earlier the Cabinet approved the merger of its eight Services into one — the Indian Railway Management Service (IRMS).
Banking & SSC 26th December International Current Affairs
- Typhoon Phanfone kills 20 in Philippines
- 5th Round of India-Japan Maritime Affairs Dialogue held in Tokyo
- Turkey’s Constitutional Court Rules Government’s ban on access to Wikipedia Breaches free Speech
Banking & SSC 26th December Sports Current Affairs
Wisden Cricketers’ Almanac names Five Cricketers of the Decade: Indian Captain Virat Kohli, South Africans Dale Steyn and AB de Villiers, Australia’s Steve Smith and Australia’s woman all-Rounder Ellyse Perry