Banking & SSC 23rd November National Current Affairs
- BJP’s devendra Fadnavis sworn in as CM of Maharashtra; NCP’s Ajit Pawar as Deputy CM
- ‘Destination North East’ Festival being held in Varanasi from Nov 23 to 26
- Veteran actor Shaukat Kaifi dies in Mumbai at the age of 91
- Poonch Link up Day celebrated by Indian Army on 23rd November
- 50th Conference of Governors and Lt. Governors being organised at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi from Nov 22 to 23
- Results of National Sample Survey (NSS) on drinking water, sanitation, hygiene and Housing condition released
- Five(5%) families in rural areas and 97.5% in cities used ‘improved drinking water’ during the period of July-December 2018 from sources including tube wells, tankers and piped supply.
- Results of National Sample Survey (NSS) on Persons with Disabilities were released.
- Overall percentage of persons with disability in the population was 2.2% during July-December 2018
- among males, prevalence of disability was 2.4%, while it was 1.9% among females
- The figure was 2.3% in rural and 2% in city areas
- Results of National Sample Survey (NSS) on literacy were Released
- Literacy rate among those in the age group of seven years and above was 77.7% during July 2017-June 2018.
- Literacy rate was 73.5% in rural and 87.7% in city areas
Banking & SSC 23rd November Economy & Business Current Affairs
- Global Bio-India Summit 2019 Organised in New Delhi by the department of Biotechnology, Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), CII, Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises (ABLE) and Invest India
- All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) signs MoU with Western Sydney University for collaboration in research
- The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation released its Quarterly Bulletin on employment
- The urban unemployment rate fell to 9.3% during January-March 2019 from 9.8% in April-June 2018.
- Labour Force Participation Rate (LFPR) for all ages is Estimated as 36% in the urban areas during January-March 2019 as compared to 35.6% during April- June 2018.
- YES Bank, Vedanta, Tata Motors and Tata Motors DVR will exit benchmark Sensex to make way for Titan company, UltraTech and Nestle India.
- The changes will be Effective December 23.
Banking & SSC 23rd November Sports Current Affairs
- Madhya Pradesh: Sportspersons will get 5% reservation in govt jobs
- India’s Fouaad Mirza secures an Olympic quota in men’s Equestrian